22-428 Baker Field Park Improvements
Bid Date9/7/22 10:00am
Company & Contacts
Pat Kelsey - email@example.com
Pottawatomie Community Center 8 North Avenue, ST. Charles, IL 60174
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
1. Bids shall be delivered to the St. Charles Park District Office, Pottawatomie Community Center, 8
North Avenue, St. Charles, Illinois 60174. Attention: Laura Rudow. Bids will be opened and read
publicly at the Park District Office at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 7, 2022.
2. Should Bidder find any discrepancies in or omissions from any of the documents, or be in doubt as
to their meanings, he or she shall advise the Superintendent of Parks & Planning, Laura Rudow,
in writing. Any interpretation of the Bid Documents will be made only by addendum duly issued
by the Superintendent or designee. A copy of such addendum will be mailed or delivered to each
person receiving a set of such Bid Documents and to such other prospective bidders as shall have
requested that they be furnished with a copy of each addendum. Failure on the part of the
prospective bidder to receive a written interpretation prior to the time of the opening of bids will
not be grounds for withdrawal of his or her proposal. Oral explanations or representations will not
3. Prices quoted in proposals shall be guaranteed for a period of thirty (30) days from bid opening
4. All proposals shall be submitted on the forms provided by the St. Charles Park District.
5. All prices quoted shall constitute the gross total cost to the Park District for all labor and other
incidentals incurred prior to final acceptance of the Baker Field Park Improvements. The St.
Charles Park District is exempt from all State Sales Tax and Federal Excise Tax.
6. The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids or any part thereof. Only bids in compliance
with provisions of the Specifications will be considered. The Board reserves the right to waive
technicalities in the bidding.
7. Alternate Bids: Alternate bids shall not be considered unless requested by the Board. An alternate
bid shall not become a part of the Contract unless approved by the Board in writing upon the award
of the bid.
8. Bid Deposit: The bid must be accompanied by a cashier’s, certified check or bid bond in the amount
specified in General Conditions and the Bid Proposal Form. The Bid Deposit, except that of the
successful bidder, will be returned promptly after the determination of the successful bidder.
9. Change or Withdrawal of Bids: A bidder may withdraw or change a bid if written notice of the
withdrawal or change is received by the Board before the latest date specified in the Bid Documents
for submission of bids. Any change may be made only by substitution of another bid.
10. Authorized Representative: Each bidder warrants and represents that he or she is the authorized
representative of the bidder and has the authority to bind the bidder under the terms and
conditions contained in the Bid Proposal.